Vogue & Clinique Sketching Tour | Throwback



My sketching tour with Vogue and Clinique was without a doubt the highlight of last year and although I posted the invitations, and shared along on Instagram, I never recapped the tour here on Fabulous Doodles. As many do at the start of a new year I've been reflecting and setting new goals, and thinking about what I'd like to focus on in the new year. In doing so I looked back to see what my highlights were. Today I'm starting a "Throwback Thursday" series and looking back on some of my past projects and events that I either want to highlight again, like this Vogue Clinique tour, and some that I have yet to share at all. On this tour throughout the summer and fall I visited five cities, appeared at nine events and live sketched countless custom illustrations of pretty party guests.
These live-sketching events were promoting Clinique's new Smart Serum, so in addition to creating custom fashion illustrations of guests we also printed them onto "smart" phone covers. I pre-designed some that were included with bonus gifts as well created custom ones for each guest. We were trying something new and it was a hit! At the start of the tour I was only signed on to do four events but after the first the Clinique team was thrilled and more cities kept being added, eventually making it 9 stops! Before I knew it I was city hopping across the country from New York, to San Francisco, Santa Clara, Miami, back to New York, To Chicago and Seattle! Sketching at events within Nordstroms, Macy's, Bloomingdales and Lord and Taylor.

Jet setting aside it was so heartwarming meeting Fabulous Doodles readers from around the country and seeing how excited people were to both meet me and have their own custom sketch. Everyone from fans of fashion illustration, to aspiring artists, to fashion bloggers and fashion design students came out. I compiled a little slideshow here to feature a few:

...

Going on a sketching tour for two powerhouse brands like Vogue and Clinique, and traveling the country with a Vogue Stylist was certainly a career highlight! Hopefully there will be more big events and partnerships to come, but in the mean time I'll be looking back at this post and happily remembering all the people and places I met last year.

Similar posts you may like:

Leave a Comment

Tonya @ Sprinkle on Glitter said...

How do live sketching events work? Do you do everything there? Or have croquis prepared?

Tamara Stephenson said...

this is amazing and sounds like such a unique experience - congratulations and thanks for reaching out via facebook. I look forward to meeting you and seeing more of your work and would love, love a sketch in my room at Design On A Dime in April. Thank you -- Tamara

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

So fun to read the full round up of what was such an amazing project for you - and all your lucky guests! Congratulations and here's to the next tour! xoxo

Brooke Hagel said...

@Tonya- I do everything there. Start with a blank page and each one takes about 10 minutes. No pre-drawn croquis.

Brooke Hagel said...

@Tamara- Thank you and you're welcome! ;) Excited to see how it comes out. I love participating in Elle Decor events.

Brooke Hagel said...

@Will- Thank you! Hopefully I'll do one when your around sometime and you can see me action. xx

Beth said...

Hi Brooke! This is so timely and inspirational as I am doing my first live sketching event next week at a local shop in Boston! I am practicing like mad.....trying to complete 10 minute sketches....I really appreciate you sharing this!

Brooke Hagel said...

@Beth- Thats fantastic! Wishing you all the best and many beautiful sketches. Try to not stress too much! xx

Fashion Illustrations by MC said...

beautiful sketches!

hey guys check out my fashion illustrations <3 <3 www.fashionillustrationsbymc.altervista.org

Miss Pepper said...

Brooke, your drawings are fantastic and you are talented!!! Congratulations from Venice-Italy!

Textile Student Blog said...

Simply awesome work you have done. I liked it so much and its help me to know and write something new. you are so much helpful for newcomer writer.
Thanks