Illustrated Invitations



Recently I've worked on illustrations for a bunch of new client invitations and announcements and when these two arrived in my mailbox I couldn't wait to share. 
The first one (above), a stylized wedding illustration of a bride and groom is near and dear to my heart because its actually a save the date announcement for my brother. They're a playful and fun couple, and they liked this bride and groom I drew in the past, so we decided to go with stylized "bobble head" illustrations for their save the dates. They were thrilled with my depiction of them and have been getting glowing reviews from all the guests about my sketch.
This second invitation is for a bridal shower luncheon and uses my Gwen print from my bridal illustration shop Brooklit Bride. The mother-of-the-bride and luncheon host contacted me because the illustration resembled her bride daughter. She bought the usage rights to my illustration and made these gorgeous invitations. This invitation so strikingly lovely in person. The bridal illustration is printed on a velum overlay, the shower/luncheon information is printed on a gold edged card stock beneath, and the two pieces are held together with a actual ribbon bow tied at the waist! Its beautiful. 

Leave a Comment

Anonymous said...

I must say I just LOVE the Matt and Marni "Save the Date"!!!