Brave's Merida Inspired by Fashion Illustration?



My favorite fashion illustration, Vogue seems to have found her celebrity look-a-like in Brave's Princess Merida, the latest creation to come from the Disney Imagineers and Pixar. From the first time I saw a promo for Brave I though she was a dead on doppelgänger of my loved sketch. Perhaps one of the Imagineers was inspired by my work!? (A girl can dream.) Vogue with her wild curly hair and big blue eyes has always been dear to me. She's actually the very first illustration I drew to open my Etsy shop with back in 2007 and the only fashion illustration of mine I have framed and hung in my home. 

Today Brave is being released on blu-ray and dvd, and I just may have to pick up a copy or rent it as I can't resist a Disney Princess. Up until now The Little Mermaid's Ariel has always been my favorite but who knows maybe after seeing Brave it will be Merida. Who's your favorite Disney Princess? 

(Still shot from Brave by Disney/Pixar, and illustration by Brooke Hagel) 

Leave a Comment

Kathleen said...

I can't choose just one Disney princess- I love too many of them. Maid Marion was my fave when I was very little, but she was replaced with the triumverate of Ariel-Belle-Jasmine. I have a soft spot for Belle because she always had her nose in a book, like I do... :)

THE DENVER BURTS said...

I find your blog and your sketches, Vogue especially, INSPIRING! I love your aesthetic and think your are an extraordinary talent. Please think nothing of the waste of time comment from "anonymous," someone who is obviously not proud of their comment seeing as how they could not bring themselves to leave their name.
PS - Marie Antoinette on your shop is my fave!

Brooke Hagel said...

Thank you Ira and The Denver Burts!!!