Anna Karenina Inspired Banana Republic



This week the Anna Karenina Collection debuts at Banana Republic and with it comes the release of these sketches of select looks from the line. You know I can't resist chic sketches and ones with costume design tie ins, well those practically guarantee a Fabulous Doodles feature. I've been looking forward to Anna Karenina ever since first seeing the trailer months ago. Being a epic period piece, the costumes and overall film design look spectacular and worth the movie ticket alone. This BR collection is actually curated by the film's costume designer Jacqueline Durran.
The sketches are extremely stylized and seem to be done in heavy-handed, quick and sketchy technique. They remind me of the prints that are occasionally displayed in stores like BR, Club Monaco and Ann Taylor. To check out the whole Anna Karenina collection click on over to Banana Republic. (Of corse the one piece I really wanted, the BR Monogram Wool Cape, seems to be sold out already!) At least I can enjoy the sketches for now and anticipate Banana's next collaboration another with Janie Bryant and Mad Men.

(Sketches by Simon Kneen, Creative Director of Banana Republic)

Leave a Comment

Thea said...

Wow these are really good! And in the UK Anna Karenina came out in September so I have seen it. It is amazing, wonderful costumes, music, acting! I don't normally like Keira Knightly but she was great as well.

Brooke Hagel said...

Thats so exciting to hear, thanks Thea! Even more psyched to see it now.

Lana said...

wow, you are truly talented, your drawings are beautiful! Do you mind if I do a feature on my blog under design and illustration? xx

Please check out my blog and follow if you like it. x
ohsewfashion.com // @ohsewfashion