I honestly can't believe its been 5 years since I started Fabulous Doodles and began sharing my illustrations on a regular basis. At the time I was working full time as a product designer and thought starting a blog and Etsy shop would be a little side project. Becoming a full time independent fashion illustrator, working with iconic fashion brands including Vogue, Dior, and Hugo Boss, and being flown across the country to illustrate at events has been beyond a dream come true. In keeping with tradition here are some personal highlights of the past year:
- Sketching for events for brands including Bobbi Brown, Lucky Brand, Dior, B. Brian Atwood, Dream Dry, Teen Vogue, Hugo Boss, Figleaves and Old Navy. I also flew out to LA to live sketch again, this time for a Pandora jewelry event for stylists and costume designers.
- Continued receiving beautiful commissions for custom bridal illustrations, which have always been a favorite of mine to draw. I've also expanded my Brooklit Bride Etsy shop.
- Began drawing children, starting with inspirational Instagrams of the adorable Sadie Yanks, daughter of Samantha Yanks Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons Magazine.
- I was commissioned to draw large batches of fabulous fashion blogger inspired illustrations as custom gifts for Love Gold and Neutrogena.
- Live sketched at New York Fashion Week for event sponsor Samsung and for the very first time sketched digitally with a stylus pen on a Samsung Pro tablet.
- Illustrated a 4-book series and the publisher released an amazing video book trailer. The first of the series, Chloe by Design: Making the Cut, is now available for pre-order on Amazon!
- Although this was very recent, attending the star studded press preview of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's newly named Anna Wintour Costume Center's Charles James exhibit was pretty spectacular and certainly a highlight of my year. (Even Nigel Barker agreed with me, it was quite the monumental fashion industry event!)
Thanks for following along and hopefully this year brings even more incredible client collaborations and pinch-me moments to share here on Fabulous Doodles.