Vogue x Clinique Fashion Illustration Tour 2017



I'm so excited to share the first 3 cities of my 2017 sketching tour with Vogue and Clinique! This tour I'll be using a new drawing medium, visiting a bunch of new cities, and giving new Vogue coloring books out in addition to my custom illustrations. We're celebrating the launch of Clinique Crayola limited-edition lipsticks, so I've been asked to use, what else but Crayola crayons to create my custom sketches! I have to admit its been a while since my days of coloring with crayons but if you follow me on Insta stories or any of my social media, you know I've been busy experimenting with them all week. In the beginning I was solely using the crayons but I've found mixing them together with some traditional fashion illustration tools produces the best results, as I did on the sketch shown here.
Today I'm off to Texas because the tour kicks off this Saturday down in Dallas. And next week I'll be live-sketching in Houston, Michigan, and Los Angeles. It will be 8 stops in all this time around, but in the past they've been known to add a stop or two, so you never know! As of now, I have details for the first 4:

Dallas, TX
Saturday, January 28
12:00 - 2:00 PM
Dillard's Northpark
8687 N. Central Expressway
214-373-7000 ext. 5023

Houston, TX
Thursday, February 2nd
12:00 - 2:00 PM
Macy's Memorial
900 Memorial City Mall

Troy, MI
Friday, February 3
1:00 - 3:00 PM
Macy's Somerset
2750 W Big Beaver Road

Torrance, CA
Saturday, February 4
1:00 - 3:00 PM
Macy's Del Amo
21600 Hawthorne Blvd

Four more events will be announced in the coming weeks, so stay tuned! If you're not familiar with my Vogue x Clinique sketching tours you can see a bunch of sketches and photos from previous years in these links:



Leave a Comment

Briel said...

Fun! I love how the drawing turned out! :)

Tonya @ Sprinkle on Glitter said...

I almost want to cry, I'm in Fort Worth but can't go tomorrow:(

Brooke Hagel said...

@Briel, thank you!! It took a few tries of other sketches first, as I'm guessing you saw, but it came out in the end!

Brooke Hagel said...

@Tonya, I'm sorry!!! I would have posted sooner but was waiting on the official invite from Vogue to come through. I'm going to email you.

Anonymous said...

Might you ever be doing an event like this in the St. Louis area? Or Chicago?

Brooke Hagel said...

I have done a few in Chicago but not yet St. Louis. When working a live sketching event that is open to the public I almost always post about it with an invite on my Facebook page Brooke Hagel Illustrations.