I'm an Etsy Guest Blogger!



I've been so excited about this day, and it's finally here! About a month ago the lovely Etsy staffers offered me the opportunity to write a guest blog post. I was trilled to be asked while completely terrified about what to write about and if it would be what they had in mind. It was suggested I write about my custom bridal illustration process, but I had just blogged about that here in a 3 part series. And if I was writing all about my illustration process then how would I feature other Etsy sellers, which is one of the goals of the Storque (Etsy's Handmade Blog).
Since the majority of my custom work is for weddings, and purchased as wedding and anniversary gifts, I decided to blog about other unique wedding gifts. I named my post "The Wow Wedding Gift" and featured other unique Etsy handmade wedding related items from engagement gifts, bridal shower gifts, and bachelorette accessories, to wedding gifts and fun guest favors, like the custom fortune teller shown below.

Pulling together this post was a fantastic experience and I enjoyed working on every element that went into it. Browsing through my favorite sellers, designing the header image, and writing the actual post while thinking about all the wedding's I've been to and gift's I've given over the years, I loved it all. So now that my guest blog post is now up and live on the Etsy Storque (Wouldn't you know it my computer went and died the very same day my guest blog went up, so that's why I'm just now blogging about it!) I hope you check it out and enjoy it! I certainly enjoyed writing it and searching for the perfect "wow" worthy items that I'd love to give.

Leave a Comment

Eleonora (artistsnature/reingarddesign) said...

Congratulations! It is a great post!

I got married last year... Before finding out about Etsy! How many wonderful things I missed!

But I keep them in mind for friends' weddings ;-)

Have a great day!
Eleonora

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said...

You Rock!! Thanks so much for introducing me to the Future Perfect!!!

http://www.slipcoveryourlife.com/?p=2790

Brooke Hagel said...

Thanks Eleonora!

And your welcome Erin, isn't it fantastic! Sometimes there are even affordable items. I bought one of my favorite rings there, the "forget me knot ring". (Also, make sure to check out the downstairs!)