Met Ball 2012: Oscar de la Renta



The annual Met Ball aka "Fashion's Oscars" is an event I always look forward to for jaw-dropping fashion, and this years Met red carpet did not disappoint. It was packed with stars, the fashion elite and top models all donning stunning designer creations.

Its always challenging to find designer sketches of red carpet looks so I was thrilled when @OscarPRgirl pinned this Oscar de la Renta illustration made especially for Lauren Santo Domingo. Being the girly girl that I am, I loved this bow filled gown and absolutely adore the sketch of it. Even with facial features, hair, and all color being void, its still a completely readable a lovely fashion illustration. 

The Ball was in celebration of Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute's new exhibition honoring Miuccia Prada and Elsa Schiaparelli which opens to the public tomorrow. Tom Ford, whom I had the pleasure of actually seeing last night at the 92nd Street Y said the exhibition was "smart" and they way they displayed the work of both designers was like nothing he'd seen before. Tom even said he emailed Miuccia first thing in the morning to send his praises. I'm looking forward to checking out the exhibit myself and fingers crossed next year I'll be walking that carpet opening night! (Don't laugh, its always been a dream!) 

Leave a Comment

thisissasha said...

Dress is an absolute vision!!))