New & Improved Audrey



Nearly 3 years ago I opened my etsy shop with sketches including Audrey and Vogue. I have since steadily been drawing illustrations specifically to sell in my shop as art prints, cards, tags, and bookmarks. And although Audrey has been one of my top sellers I've improved my techniques since I drew her. (If I do say so myself.)
I re-drew Vogue for my twitter page and logo and now I've decided to re-draw Audrey, a new and improved Audrey if you will. I started off by simply re-drawing her, but then thought I'd add a lace applique. Once I started I couldn't stop! I first tried one band, then covered the entire skirt, then decided maybe the top could use some as well. (I scanned her after each addition in case I hated the outcome.) I'm not sure which one to choose for the shop. As you know I'm the queen of procrastination when it comes to decisions for myself!
I'm leaning towards the last one, with all the lace, maybe leave the all white dress for the original Audrey. . .But then again I like the one with the single band of lace as well. We shall see. I'll let you when I list the new Audrey and new Vogue, until then a bunch of my "oldies" are on sale, get em till they're all gone.

Leave a Comment

JoaNNa said...

I like Audrey's new hair colour! and I also adore her dress with the single band of lace ;) xoxo

rainbowinthegloomysky.blogspot.com

Workroom Sketching said...

I think the new Audrey looks great. My students and I are always looking for good skin tone markers. Can you share your favorites with us?

Brooke Hagel said...

Thanks ladies!

The skin tone marker I used for "new Audrey" is the Copic Sketch marker #E31 Brick Beige. I also like #E53 Raw Silk and #E34 Orientale (for latin or black tones).

Other's I've used in the past, pre Copic's coming into my life were Chartpack's. The color Buff was a staple in my arsenal. (at Ralph Lauren they use "2 coats" of Buff on all sketches) The color Sand is another great option for dark skin tones.

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said...

I mean I love the original but holy crap, the after image is AMAZING! I'm like the single band of lace myself... I love the hair and hair ribbon on the new Audrey!

Cathryn {Pencil Stitches} said...

Amazing, looks 10 times better!! Your skills have moved on incredibly! Well done!

Brooke Hagel said...

Thanks Erin and Cathryn!

Anonymous said...

omgsh your drawings are amazing I love them Youre totally inspiring me to start sketching more!

Kristi said...

Brooke - I seriously am in love with your work. I would love to post some of your pictures on my blog if that is okay...please let me know.

Sincerely,
Kristi
www.lunaandchloe.com

Brooke Hagel said...

Thanks Krisit, I'd love that. I was on you blog and can't seem to find an email address. Feel free to email with any questions; fabulousdoodles@gmail.com