A Fashion Illustration Hello to 2014!



I want to extend a fabulous and fancy hello to 2014 and wish everyone a beautiful and inspired new year! Thank you 2013 for the lessons because now I'm ready to take on 2014!

This gorgeous fashion illustration is not one of my own, its by illustrator David Downton and adorns the cover of 100 Years of Fashion Illustration which I just so happen to receive as a gift from a dear friend two days ago and I'm obsessed! The book is full of stunning inspiration from iconic fashion illustrators including Downton, René Gruau, Mats Gustafson, Ruben Toledo and even my former professors Steven Stipelman and Gladys Perint Palmer! I've only perused the book so far but this weekend I plan to dive in and soak it all up because this one's a treasure. (Thank you Jamie!!!) Its so important to stay inspired both in life and work and I hope this year I can inspire some of you here on Fabulous Doodles.

(©DavidDownton 100 Years print, and 100 Years of Fashion Illustration book by Cally Beakman)

Leave a Comment

TheMumPreneur said...

I adore your work!I have this book and love it, it's endless inspiration source.

La Kat