Sketching the Old Navy Spring/Summer Preview



Today is officially the first day of spring so what better day to share sketches and photos from the Old Navy Spring/Summer 2014 Press Preview. I am a huge fan and major customer of Old Navy so I was thrilled to be asked to collaborate with them sketching one of their favorite spring looks for their exclusive press preview party invitation (shown above.)
In addition to sketching a girl for the invitation I also attended the event, live-sketching custom fashion illustrations of party guests alongside Katie Rodgers of Paper Fashion. Being a fellow fashion illustrator, I've been familiar with Katie and her work for years, but it was actually the first time we met! (You can see us below, striking a pose with her pretty paint palette. She's inspired me to whip out the gouache and brushes.)
Party guests including editors, fashion bloggers, and even a Bravolebrity were able to take their "selfie fashion illustrations," as the Old Navy team called them, home with them as custom party gifts along with a bag of new pieces from the collection. I hope today being the first day of spring brings with it some springtime weather because I've had enough of this dreary frigid winter and can't wait to start sporting my bright new Old Navy summer pieces! 

For information and rates or to have me live-sketch at your next corporate event or party email FabulousDoodles@gmail.com

Leave a Comment

Jamie said...

Two of my favorite artists in one place! How fun was that event?! I would love to work with you both, as I have been working as an illustration artist and love live sketching as well. Hope to meet you both soon!

Brooke Hagel said...

It was so fun hanging with Katie. We couldn't believe our paths hadn't crossed sooner. . . Hope to meet you one day soon as well Jamie!

Sheena Sreekeessoon said...

Hi Brooke,

I just wanted to ask, when you're doing live sketches at events - or actually just any sketches for that matter, do you use a template or is it freehand?

Sheena Sreekeessoon
http://sreekeessoon.blogspot.co.uk/

Brooke Hagel said...

@Sheena, all freehand.