Red Carpet Moment: Gwyneth at the Oscars




I’ve been waiting for this post ever since photographing this sketch and swatch at the Audrey Schilt exhibit at FIT. I’ve always been a huge fan of the Oscars and this is one of my all time favorite red carpet moments from Oscars past. Every girl should have a pretty in pink moment and Gwyneth’s 1999 Ralph Lauren silk taffeta gown was nothing less then fabulous in my opinion. Not only did Gwyneth win Best Actress that year, but rocking this dress she was the best-dressed winner as well! (As you can see from the tear, Vogue agrees!)

To watch the dress, (and Gwyenth) in action click here for a video of her emotional 1999 Oscar win and click here and here for my previous posts about Illustrator Audrey Schilt. Don't forget to tune in for tonight's live Oscar show! Fingers crossed there will be some fabulous fashion.

Leave a Comment

Fallon Carmichael said...

Great post! Im so sad that I wont get to see the oscars! I have cabelvision and well ABC pulled the plug at 12am this morning =( I know your in NY too, so Im guessing you must have timewarrner! Lucky you!!

Brooke Hagel said...

What, that is so insane!!! First the food network and HGTV and now ABC?!?! oy...But yes I do have Time Warner. Never thought I would be thankful for that!