Illustrator: Steven Broadway



Meet another one of my college professors from my FIT days, Steven Broadway. I thought it was time I shared another example of the talent I was exposed to and got to learn from. You've already "met" Renaldo Barnette (here and here), and I've recommended (here) Steven Stiplemans book to every aspiring illustrator that contacts me! This is the work of fashion illustration professor, Steven Broadway. Fabulous, right! He has not only worked as a designer and illustrator in fashion, but in costume design as well.

Back when I had him as a professor he had just completed illustrations for the movie Zoolander! You can check out his website (here) if you would like to see more of his portfolio. A sketch I did while in his model drawing class was actually up in my Etsy shop until recently. (It's now sold out, but you can see it here.)

On another note, I have to apologize to you. Something exciting came up two days ago and I've been crazy busy. I'm actually off to LA in a few hours. I know my "Tuesday Tips" have been a big hit, but I'm going to have to skip this week. Maybe next week I'll give you a double dose to make up for it!

Leave a Comment

melissa rose said...

wow is this man super talented or what? Love the Chanel inspired drawing <3

Reyni Ramírez said...

woowwww!!! its a incredible teacher!!!! i love it...
xoxo

OneCraftyFox said...

Wow, gorgeous! I see he taught you very well, you have an incredible talent :)

Sarah said...

Hi Brooke! I am now following you as I LOVE your blog - I was in the BYW class and your blog really stood out...I love fashion and really admire your talent. I will be checking out your shop as well.

Sarah
xx